Prof. Dr. Vanessa C. Wood
Institut für Integrierte Systeme
ETH Zürich, ETZ J86
|Phone||+41 44 632 66 54|
|Fax||+41 44 632 11 94|
Vanessa Wood currently heads the Laboratory for Nanoelectronics at ETH Zurich. Previously, she was a postdoctoral associate in the laboratory of Professor Yet-Ming Chiang and Professor Craig Carter in the Department of Materials Science at MIT performing research on novel lithium-ion battery systems. She received her PhD from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT. Her graduate work was done in the group of Professor Vladimir Bulovic and focused on the development of optoelectronic devices containing colloidally synthesized quantum dots. She also holds a MS in Electrical Engineering from MIT and a BS in Applied Physics from Yale College.
- Organic and Nanostructured Optics and Electronics
- Solid State Electronics
- P Pietsch, V Wood, X-Ray Tomography for Lithium Ion Battery Research: A Practical Guide, Annu. Rev. Mater. Res..
- M Yarema, O Yarema, W M M Lin, S Volk, N Yazdani, D Bozyigit, V Wood, Upscaling Colloidal Nanocrystal Hot-Injection Syntheses via Reactor Underpressure, Chem. Mater..
- P Pietsch, D Westhoff, J Feinauer, J Eller, F Marone, M Stampanoni, V Schmidt, V Wood, Quantifying microstructural dynamics and electrochemical activity of graphite and silicon-graphite lithium ion battery anodes, Nature Communications.
- W M M Lin, D Bozyigit, O Yarema, V Wood, Transient Photovoltage Measurements in Nanocrystal-Based Solar Cells, J. Phys. Chem. C.
- O Yarema, M Yarema, W M M Lin, V Wood, Cu–In–Te and Ag–In–Te Colloidal Nanocrystals with Tunable Composition and Size, Chem. Comm..
- P Pietsch, M Hess, W Ludwig, J Eller, V Wood, Combining operando synchrotron X-ray tomographic microscopy and scanning X-ray diffraction to study lithium ion batteries, Scientific Reports.
- M F Lagadec, M Ebner, R Zahn, V Wood, Technique for Visualization and Quantification of Lithium-Ion Battery Separator Microstructure, J. Electrochem. Soc..
- D Bozyigit, N Yazdani, M Yarema, O Yarema, W M M Lin, S Volk, K Vuttivorakulchai, M Luisier, F Juranyi, V Wood, Soft surfaces of nanomaterials enable strong phonon interactions, Nature.
- L Nowack, D Grolimund, V Samson, F Marone, V Wood, Rapid Mapping of Lithiation Dynamics in Transition Metal Oxide Particles with Operando X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy, Sci. Rep..
- O Yarema, M Yarema, D Bozyigit, WMM Lin, V Wood, Independent Composition and Size Control for Highly Luminescent Indium-Rich Silver Indium Selenide Nanocrystals, ACS Nano.
- L Nowack, T Bunjaku, K Wegner, S Pratsinis, M Luisier, V Wood, Design and Fabrication of Microspheres with Hierarchical Internal Structure for Tuning Battery Performance, Adv. Sci..
- D Bozyigit, W M M Lin, N Yazdani, O Yarema, V Wood, A quantitative model for charge carrier transport, trapping and recombination in nanocrystal-based solar cells, Nature Communications.
- C Villevieille, M Ebner, J L Gómez-Cámer, F Marone, P Novák, and V Wood, Influence of Conversion Material Morphology on Electrochemistry Studied with Operando X-Ray Tomography and Diffraction, Adv. Mater..
- M Ebner, V Wood, Tool for Tortuosity Estimation in Lithium Ion Battery Porous Electrodes, J. Electrochem. Soc..
- N Yazdani, D Bozyigit, O Yarema, M Yarema, V Wood, Hole Mobility in Nanocrystal Solids as a Function of Constituent Nanocrystal Size, Phys. Chem. Lett..
- D Bozyigit, V Wood, Electrical characterization of nanocrystal solids, J. Mater. Chem. C.
- N Yazdani, D Bozyigit, I Utke, J Buchheim, S K Youn, J Patscheider, V Wood, H G Park, Enhanced Charge Transport Kinetics in Anisotropic, Stratified Photoanodes, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces.
- L Luo, D Bozyigit, V Wood, M Niederberger, High-Quality Transparent Electrodes Spin-Cast from Preformed Antimony-Doped Tin Oxide Nanocrystals for Thin Film Optoelectronics, Chem. Mater..
- M Ebner, D-W Chung, R E García, V Wood, Tortuosity Anisotropy in Lithium-Ion Battery Electrodes, Adv. Energy Mater..
- D Bozyigit, S Volk, O Yarema, V Wood, Quantification of Deep Traps in Nanocrystal Solids, Their Electronic Properties, and Their Influence on Device Behavior, Nano Lett..
- M Ebner, F Marone, M Stampanoni, V Wood, Visualization and Quantification of Electrochemical and Mechanical Degradation in Li Ion Batteries, Science.
- D-W Chung, M Ebner, D R Ely, V Wood, R E García, Validity of the Bruggeman relation for porous electrodes, Modelling Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng. .
- I Rousseau, V Wood , Nanophotonic luminescent solar concentrators, Appl. Phys. Lett. .
- D Bozyigit, V Wood, Challenges and solutions for high-efficiency quantum dot-based LEDs, MRS Bulletin.
- O Yarema, D Bozyigit, I Rousseau, L Nowack, M Yarema, W Heiss, V Wood, Highly Luminescent, Size- and Shape-Tunable Copper Indium Selenide Based Colloidal Nanocrystals, Chem. Mater..
- L Nowack, O Waser, O Yarema, V Wood, Rapid, microwave-assisted synthesis of battery-grade lithium titanate (LTO), RSC Adv..
- D Bozyigit, M Jakob, O Yarema, V Wood, Deep Level Transient Spectroscopy (DLTS) on Colloidal-Synthesized Nanocrystal Solids, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces .
- M Ebner, F Geldmacher, F Marone, M Stampanoni, V Wood, X-Ray Tomography of Porous, Transition Metal Oxide Based Lithium Ion Battery Electrodes, Adv. Energy Mater..
- D Bozyigit, O Yarema, V Wood, Origins of Low Quantum Efficiencies in Quantum Dot LEDs, Adv. Funct. Mater..